Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Revlon Lip Butters Versus Maybelline Baby Lips


I saw the Baby Lips in a magazine, then had to go find them in Target. I got the clear one first. I didn’t want to go overboard and get all of them only to hate them.  But I fell head over heels in love. They are so moisturizing! They make my lips feel so soft. It wasn’t like the normal chapstick feeling, it felt like there was something on my lips to make them silky smooth instead of just making sure my lips aren’t chapped. It feels really lightweight as if there is nothing on them at all. I went and got all of the other colors right away. I love them. They are perfect for a subtle daytime look because of how sheer they are. But you can always wear them over a lipliner or layer on the color to make it more opaque. I wear the pink one all the time, it’s my favorite. I love pairing it with a little foundation, blush, and mascara because it looks so natural and effortless and takes less than 5 minutes. It’s great for when I’m just running errands or am running late to school or work and want to look at least a little put together. I saw the Revlon Lip Butters in Target (big surprise) and thought they were trying to compete with the Baby Lips. I immediately wanted to get one or two just to compare them. I love the Lip Butters. I feel like the Baby Lips and Lip Butters have two different purposes though. The Baby Lips want to be a natural, sheer pretty look and the Lip Butters want to be a more colorful pretty look. The Lip Butters not only are more pigmented than the Baby Lips, but they also have a huge variety of colors. They make my lips feel super smooth and hydrated. I love how you can layer it to get a really opaque color or can blend it out with your finger to get a sheer color. I feel like the Lip Butters are better to have because they can be blended out to make a more sheer color or layered to be a more vibrant color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment